This Labor day weekend has been jam packed with fun for Michael and I! Saturday morning a few girls in my ward and I ran in the Disneyland 5k! Michael and I had to get up super early and be at Disneyland to start my race by 6:45am!! And although it was only 3.1 miles it was so fun and so worth it! The whole run is inside Disneyland and California Adventure and all along the run there are tons of characters out cheering you on...some on the sidelines with other cast members and some on their Parade floats! So neat! As I was finishing it was soo nice having my husband at the finish line cheering me on and taking lots of pictures...like I said even though it is only a 5k it felt important!
After my 5k Michael and I just headed over to Disneyland to get on a few rides before we headed home and before the massive crowds took over! While we were there Michael got to enjoy the tea cups for his first time ever!
Later that day we just headed over to spend that day with my mom and dad while watching USC, Michigan, BYU and Clemson football while taking a dip in the pool during half times!
Sunday we went to church and I got released from the nursery! It's so bitter sweet. I really loved those kids and I am going to miss them! I also loved having Jacie in the nursery with me..she is soo cute and sweet with the kids! After church we headed off to visit my grandparents...after 2 years of marriage Michael still hadn't been to their house...YIKES! So we went with the family for dinner! It was so fun visiting with them and showing Michael all the funny things I used to do while hanging out there when I was little with my cousins!
Monday we woke up bright and early from a phone call from my sister! She told us that they were going to Disneyland! Since Michael has never gone with the girls before we decided to go with! It was the best day ever! The crowd was manageable and the rides were amazing. Madison was so brave and cute she did so many big girl things including Thunder Mountain and TOWER of TERROR! I was so nervous for her to try that ride I was shaking for her...I just love her and can't believe how big she is getting =(. Then off to my parents we went for a YUMMY BBQ and swimming.



3 comments:
Hi Michelle! We had a blast running that! Wasn't it fun! I like the picture you got. I'll have to try to copy and paste it on my blog :)
So I'm way bummed you won't be in nursery with me anymore. You should come visit whenever you feel anxious or hungry in sunday school or RS! BUT now that I know you live like to steps from my house, I might come by and visit you more! :)
Looks like so much fun. Congrats on doing a 5k. I have been trying to find out if there are any in my area, I just want to do one to say I acutally did it. I haven't been to Disneyland in years, it must be so fun to get to go all the time, and to be so close to your family. I miss mine like crazy. Hope things are going great. Miss ya!!
That really does look like a ton of fun! I will have to do that sometime. Next year I'm in for sure!
Post a Comment